Sunday, September 29, 2013
The 4th Annual Planet Adventure Wabash Heritage Trail Marathon will be Sunday, September 29, 2013.
The event will start and finish in historic Battleground Indiana at the Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum. The (out and back) course will follow the Heritage Trail through and beyond Lafayette. The scenic route will take you through beautiful wooded and semi-urban areas as you run on all sorts of trail surfaces.
Start Times: (note: may be adjusted based on entry volume)
- Full Marathon: 8:00 AM (All Times Eastern)
- Half Marathon: 8:10 AM
- Quarter Marathon (6.55mi) Start Time: 8:20 AM
- Race cutoff time will be 4:30 PM
Race Start/Chip Timing: This will be a chip timed start, you will want to “self seed”, faster runners up front. All distances chip timed by MyLaps Bibtags system.
Early Packet Pickup:Packet Pickup is scheduled for Saturday, September 28 from 4-7:00pm at Tri-N-Run located at: Mar Jean Village 13 N. Earl Ave Lafayette, Indiana 47904
**Come to packet pick up for your chance to win a pair of Minimus Trail Shoes from New Balance!**
1 entry for anyone that picks up their packet early
1 Extra entry for anyone that makes a purchase at Tri-N-Run
Race Options & Entry Fees:
- All PAID entries by midnight, September 22nd, include an Event shirt
- Race Day Registration open from 6:30am-7:30am
- Race Day Registration add $5
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:40am with National Anthem
Parking: On city streets and limited parking in the museum lot.
Photos: Free to download after the race!
Spectator Info: Can be found at the Start/Finish at Registration
Park Fee: None
Swag: All entries will receive a Event T-Shirt if registered and PAID by midnight, September 22nd.
Facilities: Portables Only
Price Through 3/31/13---
- Full Marathon $65
- Half Marathon $40
- Quarter Marathon $25
- Full Marathon $75
- Half Marathon $45
- Quarter Marathon $30
Price 9/23/13-9/28/13 (Shirt Not Included)---
- Full Marathon $85
- Half Marathon $55
- Quarter Marathon $40
- 1st Place Overall Male & Female Runners $125 each
- 2nd Place Overall Male & Female Runners $75 each
- 3rd Place Overall Male & Female Runners $50 each
Gear Prizes from our Sponsors for top 3 Male & Female finishers in other race distances. Age Groups Male & Female (Note: Adult Age Groups Male & Female (Awards will be awarded 3-deep for divisions with more than 100 racers, 1 deep otherwise)
- 18-24 25-29
- 30-39 40-49
- 50-59 60-69
- 70+ Masters Division
- You will automatically be entered into the correct division based on your age.
Course Map: View/Download Course Map PDF
- “On the Menu”
- Aid Stations will be positioned at 3.28 miles, 6.55 miles and 9.5 miles, 13.1 mile (since it’s an out and back course these stations will be available again on the way back to the start).
- All aid stations will feature:
- Trail Mix
- “PA” Potatoes… salty
- Flat Cola
- Electrolyte drinks
- Hammer Gel or equivalent
- Post Race we’ll have for you:
- Chocolate Milk
- And more “PA” Potatoes….
Red Roof Inn Lafayette---
- 4201 State Route 26 East
- Lafayette, IN 47905
Holiday Inn Lafayette---
- 515 South Street
- Lafayette, IN 47901
Hilton Garden Inn West Lafayette---
- 356 East State Street
- West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Tippecanoe Battlefield Museum, Battleground Indiana
- Physical Address: 200 Battle Ground Ave. in Battle Ground, IN 47920 [ Map It ]
- From the North or South:
- I-65 to Exit 178. Head South on US43 to the first left (Burnett Road).
- Once you turn left on Burnett take the first left which is Prophets Rock Road
- Prophets Rock Road will take you into Battleground. Park on the streets of the city and make your way down College Street to the Start/Finish. Parking is limited at the museum so please park on the streets.
“You know a race is fun when you are sad to see the finish line, knowing the race is over. It’s even better when such a race is a marathon. …a good race, worth remembering. Thanks to Planet Adventure for a good organization”.- Joe Ely
“I really enjoyed this race to the hilt. Fun race, good people organizing. This race deserves good support”
“Thank YOU for putting on such fabulous races and bringing yoru awesomeness to Lafayette! We appareciate you guys!” – Sarah Hill
“AMAZING trail and even more phenomenal support and aid stations. I LOVE Sunday races and I will be back and stalking planet adventure races! We were supposed to use this as a 20 mile training run but the PA potatoes were so amazing I ran my first full marathon with my fiancé thank you all!” – Blythe Potter
“Everyone involved was so nice and so supportive. Their support and encouraging words helped me to go on when I did not think that I could. It was a unique experience that I was glad to be a part of.” – A.P.
“Another great race by Planet Adventure. I won’t be able to walk after 26.2 miles, but you guys rock! Thanks for everything you do!” – Sean Patrick Hart
I’ve done a fair share of races and this is still my favorite! You guys put on an excellent event out there today! Thank you!” – Terri Smith Wright
“Thanks so much for yet another awesome Planet Adventure Race Event! We really enjoyed the Heritage Trail run today. Always so well organized and everyone is so inspiring and encouraging!” – April Polly