3rd Annual Wabash Heritage Trail Marathon
The 3rd running of the Heritage trail marathon is back and in September to take advantage of the drier conditions and beautiful fall weather! The event will start and finish in historic Fort Quiantenon near West Lafayette, Indiana. The (out and back) course will follow the Heritage Trail through and beyond Lafayette. The scenic route will take you through beautiful wooded and semi-urban areas as you run on all sorts of trail surfaces.
- Date: Sunday, September 30, 2012
- Start Time:
- Marathon 8:00 am (All Times Eastern)
- Half 8:05 am
- 15k 8:10 am
- Quarter Marathon 8:15 am
- Cutoff Time: 4:30 pm (or just let us know, we're not going anywhere)
- Race Field: Limited to 500 runners
- Distances: Quarter, 15k, Half & Full Trail Marathon
- NEW START LOCATION!: Heritage Trail, Fort Quiantenon Indiana
- Physical Address: Fort Quiantenon, 3129 South River Road, West Lafayette IN 47901
- I-65 to Exit 168 (St Rd 38) and head West. You will see Subaru's factory on the right. About 1/2 mile from the exit take a left at the light on Veterans Memorial Pkwy South. Take Veterans Memorial about 6-miles until you come to St Rd 231 which is 4 lanes. Take a right. Take 231 North until you cross the Wabash River. After you cross the river take the first light left which is South River Road (SRR is 2.5-miles from Veterans Memorial Pkwy). Head West on South River Road until you come to the Fort on the left. It is about 2.5 miles from 231 to the Fort.
Packet Pickup: Race Day ONLY from 6:30am-7:30am
Pre-Race Meeting: 7:40am
- Online registration open until noon, Saturday, September 29, 2012.
- Race Day Registration open from 6:30am-7:30am
- NOTE: Race shirts for all racers with PAID registrations as of midnight, September 9, 2012.
Results: Posted by Midnight, October 2nd on this website.
Facilities: Portables Only
Parking: Do not park on the grass!
"On the Menu"
- Aid Stations will be positioned at 3.28, 4.65 miles, 6.55 miles and 11 miles (since it's an out and back course these stations will be available again on the way back to the start).
- All aid stations will feature:
- Trail Mix
- "PA" Potatoes... salty
- HEED or equivalent electrolyte drinks
- Hammer Gel
- Post Race we'll have for you:
- Chocolate Milk
- And more "PA" Potatoes....
Note: All entries PAID by Sunday, September 25th will include commemorative race shirt.
|Race Option||Price through 3/31/12||Price through 8/31/12||Price 9/1-Race Day (Shirts No Longer Included)|
Race Day Entries add $5
Course Map (Note: we're missing the last small segment of the course on the north end due to road construction in progress)
You can download the general Heritage Trail Map here.
The course leaves Fort Quiantenon, heading towards the West Lafayette and Lafayette area on the Heritage Trail and then back to the Fort. The course follows the trail the entire way but exact distances are to be determined closer to the race day as they are continually adding and improving the trail.
The trail system is about 80% dirt trail, another 10% paved trail and the balance made up of bridges and old road converted to a part of the trail. The trail starts out with a newly paved double track that will be a welcome site to help spread out the pack. After a short distance you will hit the famous Heritage Trail on hard pack single track. You will wind your way directly along the Wabash River to a paved section of double track park trail that will take you up and over the Wabash on a pedestrian bridge right in the heart of West Lafayette. The trail will take you to the other side of the Wabash and along the East side and thru some urban settings. After a mile or so you will then come to the most beautiful part of the trail, nicely packed wide single track. This part of the trail gently winds itself up to an old abandoned bridge and then back onto single track that is not only beautiful but a runners dream. Fast and almost completely flat. The turn around for the full is just before the stream crossing at Burnetts Road.
Divisions & Awards
All racers will receive a unique finisher medal commemorating the event.
Cash Prizes to Top Finishers in Full Marathon
- 1st Place Overall Male & Female Runners $125 each
- 2nd Place Overall Male & Female Runners $75 each
- 3rd Place Overall Male & Female Runners $50 each
Gear Prizes from our Sponsors for top 3 Male & Female finishers in other race distances.
- Adult Age Groups Male & Female
- 18-24 25-29
- 30-39 40-49
- 50-59 60-69
- 70+ Masters Division
- You will automatically be entered into the correct division based on your age.
Call us at 317-324-8299
Send us real mail:
Planet Adventure LLC
PO Box 3498
Carmel IN 46082